Mat Pilates Offer
Today more than ever with tech neck and endless sitting at a desk or in a car, people need to keep their CORE strong and posture aligned.
With a blend of classic and contemporary movements this Pilates class intends to do just that…strengthen your CORE, improve your posture and leave you feeling taller, more confident and foundationally strong.
DECEMBER CLASS BOGO
Pilates and Posture
Good posture demonstrates confidence, balance, pain-free movement and enhanced physiologic function of your body. Poor posture causes additional stress to the body, spinal degeneration, and diffuse pain. Simply correcting your posture can enhance the quality of your life and overall health.
At Circuit Works our Mat Pilates classes deliberately work on strengthening weaker muscles (back, abdominals, glutes, etc.) and releasing tight muscles (chest, shoulders, hips, etc) which aid in developing better posture. If you are not already convinced, then here are some more benefits of maintaining proper posture:
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly and efficiently.
- Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently.
- Prevents, neck, and diffuse muscular pain.
- Contributes to a good appearance!
- Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis.
- Optimizes breathing and circulation.
- Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions (for example an abnormal lateral curvature, or scoliosis).
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Improves organ system function.
- Prevents strain or overuse problems.