If you’re looking for a way to get fit and torch unwanted fat, High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) might be just what you’re looking for. In the Beginner’s guide to HIIT workouts, we’ll explore what HIIT cardio and strength training are, the benefits of HIIT and who should give it a try, as well as some of our favorite tips for beginner HIIT workouts.
What is the difference between HIIT Cardio and Strength Training?
When it comes to hiit training styles, there are many options to choose from. Both HIIT cardio and functional strength training assist you in reaching your weight-loss goal, build endurance, reduce unwanted body fat, and enhance your overall health and wellness.
HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training and combines moderate-to-high intensity exercises with less-intense recovery periods in a single workout. It is a great way to torch calories, improve strength, and boost endurance all in a short period of time.
Strength training builds muscle strength by using resistance bands, weighted machines, and other varieties of weights. It is a great way to gain muscle and lose weight in an efficient way.
You can combine both HIIT cardio and functional strength training at your first class in our fitness studio. This can be done either by adding light weights to your HIIT cardio session or by shortening rest periods/adding compound movements to your strength training workout. Today, we are going to be shifting the focus to be more on HIIT cardio – the best cardio for weight loss.
Benefits of HIIT Cardio
- Burn more calories
- Equipment is not needed
- Improves mood and mental health
- Boost your endurance
- Great for heart health
Who Should Implement HIIT Training?
HIIT cardio and strength training has been used by athletes in order to improve their speed, strength and endurance for decades. In recent years, HIIT cardio has grown into one of the most popular ways to get fit, keep your heart health up to par and is often referred to as the best cardio for weight loss.
This style of exercise is a perfect fit for you if you are:
- Short on time and want to have a quick but effective workout
- Looking for a way to improve your heart rate/cardiovascular health
- Wanting to lose weight (this is known as the best cardio for weight loss)
- Not suffering from existing joint pains or injury
- Desiring to boost your speed and endurance
Tips for Beginner HIIT Workouts
Here are our favorite tips when it comes to beginner HIIT workouts:
- Team up with a HIIT trainer – A HIIT trainer can help motivate you and can teach you the ropes of HIIT cardio
- Don’t be afraid to sweat – When participating in HIIT workouts you are going to get a sweat going and you will be encouraged to push your limits (this is where the magic happens)
- Always keep water on hand – Coming to a class with a full water bottle and keeping your water nearby will ensure that you stay hydrated.
- Be mindful of your heart rate zone – You can keep an eye on your heart rate to find your optimal zone. This can be done with a smartwatch or by wearing a heart rate tracker.
- Workout with a friend – Joining a class with a friend at a group fitness studio will enhance the fun and commit you to attend your workout session.
Ready to upgrade your fitness regime? Circuit Works LA brings you a variety of workouts that are designed to boost your endurance and well-being. Our classes include high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to maximize the body’s potential for fitness and weight loss by increasing internal core temperature to burn more calories for up to 24 hours after your workout.
Contact us today to learn about our intro offer or ask us any questions you might have about getting started.